Monday, August 9, 2010

More travel

Off to Pender Island today to visit friends Andrea and David Spalding, both superb writers.  Can't wait to find out what they're each working on...as the two of them usually have individual and joint projects on the go.  Then on Wednesday I'm off to Saltspring where I have been invited to a young adult book club for their latest book discussion about my novel, The Smell of Paint.  Margriet Ruurs whose latest book is My School in the Rainforest has been kind enough to organize the whole thing, and I can't wait to see her now that she's moved up from Oregon and settled into one of the most populated and truly beautiful gulf islands.  If we're lucky, it will warm up a little and we'll get to go for a swim in one of the island's three lakes.  If not, there's always a good book to read, or a new one to write.  Of course I'll bring work along...I almost always do, and I especially hope that you are enjoying summer reading and/or writing as much as I am.  Until next time.  S.

No comments: